Image Map

May 23, 2014

Modest Swimsuit & Surprise Reveal


 Last weekend we went to the Beach in FL. On Friday we went to the Atlantic (Coco Beach) for a few hours and Saturday, where these pictures were taken, we went to Clearwater at the Golf of Mexico. Don't you just love that sparkling water?

So I've been wanting a modest swimsuit that looks adorable and is made out of swimsuit material. I bought Fresh Modesty's ebook almost 2 years ago to help me with the sewing and this year I finally got to sew it! Even for an advanced sewer like me I found a lot of pointers and tips for sewing with swimsuit material.....it's very different. I also followed her style except that I wanted a sleeveless top to get a nicer tan. ☺

My swim suit looks like a normal sundress but once I'm back out of the water it will be dry in 5 minutes.....especially if there is a strong wind like at the Atlantic. ☺

Now you probably all already scanned the pictures before you started reading this but here finally to the surprise:


Patrick & I now are officially engaged. He asked me to marry him! Yes! We'll be getting married on August 16th. If you haven't read how he asked me yet you can go to my personal blog and read our story there.









PS: If you aren't much of a sewer but would love a modest swim suit.....check out Creation's by Savannah. She has sooooooo many different styles & pattern options. Everyone will be happy with her.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Iris! :D What a beautiful place to become engaged.
    Your swimsuit is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ivy! I am soooooooooo happy for you, I cannot even put it in words! You guys are so cute together! Hopefully we'll get to see your ring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! And that's a beautiful swimsuit! Love the color especially!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I think it's so nice that he proposed by a beach! :) So beautiful. =) Congrats again, I am so excited for you!
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered one of these swimsuits. Can't wait to see how it looks.

    ReplyDelete

1 09 10